Sunday, February 27, 2005

This is what happens when I wait to blog...

In all honesty - I for one maintained that I would never see a dime of Social Security.. After all, that's what every financial planner would tell me whenever I applied at a new job, or joined a bank.. I've been told several times in the late 80's, early 90's that Social Security won't be around when it gets to be my retirement age.. So, I for one was actually planning on not having any benefit reach me in my "golden years.."

And if this President has his way -- it's all but certain that prophesy will come true..

I hear what the democrat side of the radio dial is saying.. I hear what the republican side of the radio dial is saying..

Bottom line: I don't trust either side..

I do know that if Social Security would be solvent by the time I reached my retirement age as it stands *today* -- then I don't want Bush to touch it.. Why mess with something that has worked for the last half century??

Oh wait - we're trying to leave a legacy..

Oh, okay.. I guess having 1,500 deaths on your resume, billions of dollars seemingly fleeing the boundaries of our nation.. We're a nation that is far more vulnerable now than before 9/11..... and I'm not even talking about the prostitute reporter that got pretty significant clearance in the ONE PLACE in the nation where we would EXPECT the BEST in security..... Oh wait, terrorists are only Islamic, but a male prostitute fits nicely in this administ.......

Hold on a second - the visual isn't pretty, but I must admit my ass is feeling a little sore.. Yup, Bush still must be in office..

So if I understand the little man, let's just go right ahead an tinker with a proven system and let's screw that up too!!

*sighs*

Now I know I've been out of the blogging realm for the last few weeks, because how else can I reiterate that which I've already said?? Bush is an idiot.. He's messing with the security of this nation on every single thing he can get his hands on.. For those that truly want to follow him blindly, I can only pray that we don't suffer needlessly at the hands of someone this incompetent..

We've suffered enough..

Bring our troops home..

Going to Europe was a nice gesture, but there doesn't seem to be a huge outpouring of support -- in name only it would seem.. Nice photo-ops don't help the tens of thousands affected by Bush's inadequate plans..

North Korea was to be legitimate..

Who knows what's going to happen with Iran, Syria, the Congo, among other hot spots..

Assistance programs are being cut right and left..

As we figured, no medical benefits help.. Must've forgotten that little platform nugget..

We've been asked to sacrifice, nip, tuck - unless you're earning over $200k in that case nip & tuck is actually something you may look forward to the next time you see your plastic surgeon.. After all, the first 10 injections didn't work for your wrinkles, why not go for 11??

Yet - where exactly is this sacrifice and justice for those execs at ChoicePoint who learned that their system was vulnerable back in 2004, sold their stock - yet remain protected by some obscure SEC rule?? Millions in profit - pocketed.. Future secured.. Shareholders screwed.. Millions of identities exposed and "picked for the ripin'..." MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

Oh yes - we protect those that screw endlessly, but my god if they happen to be homosexual, we simply will pretend they don't exist..

Oh yeah -- we're advancing right along, thank you very much..

I think it's safer where I've been over the last few weeks -- maybe I best stay there and hope the next 2-4 years pass by quickly..

No comments:

Post a Comment