Monday, April 03, 2006

Oh - the coincidence...

Tom Delay is quoted as saying: He decided last Wednesday after "months of prayer and contemplation" to spare his suburban Houston district the predicted battle.

What struck me about this quote was the date..

.. "last Wednesday.."

Last Wednesday would've been March 29th, 2006..

Here's one of the major headlines for March 29th, 2006:

Jack Abramoff Sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison in fraud case...

I'm wondering what the months of prayer and contemplation actually was....

...What deal did Jack strike with the feds??

...Will his deal implicate me??

...Did I do anything wrong??

...What will happen to me, the party, the president??

I'm sure there was a great deal of contemplation when the headlines hit the paper: Abramoff Sentenced to 6 years.....

I'm thinking I'd have a great deal of contemplation too..

I can't say I'm a big fan of Tom or Jack, so this is a bit of a celebration of sorts because it really says a great deal about some members of congress: regardless if they are Democrat or Republican - and if they or didn't take money from Abramoff.. Regardless of who you are - if you're dealing with mud like Jack, then you need to pay.. I don't care if you are a Dem or a GOP member of Congress..

A reform is desperately needed - on both sides of the aisle.. I can only hope this is but a start...

No comments:

Post a Comment