Friday, January 28, 2005

Election Coverage: Iraq 2005

Let's see if I get this right....

... In Iraq, elections are being held for THREE days over a weekend (nonetheless....)

... In Iraq, there will be a curfew in place the night before the start of the elections...

... In Iraq, (although I hear this has been resolved) you may actually vote for a candidate who does not have a name yet...



Now -- this whole democrazation idea that "we" had -- exactly what democracy is this based off of??

Moreover, (and I'm beating a dead horse here) who *says* that the Iraqi people *want* a democracy?? Just because we say so?? Just because there are more murders that happened in the US last year than what occurred in Iraq in the last 10 years??

Imposing the ideals on another is NOT a good idea..

Lastly, you know it's bad when the absentee voters that are currently voting in the Iraqi election ... in DETROIT.. Yeah, that's right.. Detroit Iraqis are getting the headlines over the OTHER Iraqi people......

I promise: the last point here.. Afghanistan took two years before "electing" someone for themselves.. Now all of a sudden we have to RUSH Iraq to a new government....



Considering how all of this sounds like some weird Republican way of running an election -- I guess I'd be pretty pissed off myself if I was living in Iraq....

No comments:

Post a Comment