Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Kerry and the rest of the gang

I don't know what to think about him..

He's obviously the top contender for the Democrat party, but parts of me just don't think he'd make a good President.. He's waffling really bad without any real strong sense of direction in the areas of concern that I have for the next 4 years:

1.) War on Terror
2.) Economy
3.) Social issues

I simply do not subscribe to the conservative machine that is painting Dubya as a war time president.. He went into Afghanistan, he went into Iraq.. The CIA says another 9/11 attack is very possible if not eminent.. While we're over in Saddam's sandbox looking for weapons of mass destruction, another attack could well be underway even as we speak.. So, I don't think Bush is doing a very good job at snuffing out the war on terror when it's apparent to his intelligence sources that Al-Qaeda is far from squashed..

The economy continues a very delicate recovery.. While I may not be completely subscribing to the whole plan, the reports and indicators coming from a lot of analysts are saying: good for short term, bad for long range.. Ouch..

Social issues will apparently be the forefront for a little ways this election.. While I feel the gay/lesbian marriage issue will eventually be defeated, I do not think it will be going down silently.. I also feel the immigration debate will get fueled up again..

So, what do I think of the candidates right now?? *blech*

I really don't have to comment much on Bush since it's apparent that I don't like the things he's doing.. So I won't spend a lot of time there..

I don't like the current strategy that the Democrats have to find someone "electable" so that person can beat Bush.. That makes about as much sense as betting on the dog the pees just before the race because he's going to be that much quicker......

I personally like Edwards.. He does have a very charismatic side that I think is appealing.. He's calm, cool and rational.. And all of the conservative talk shows stress the point that he's a lawyer that got a big cash settlement from one of his trials.. My question is: "yeah, so what??" That means he's a good lawyer.. Does that mean that we have to let go of Bush because he happened to have good luck at driving oil prices up for his profit?? Yeah, find another argument please..

I was never a Dean fan - but then he really killed much of his campaign on his own... I give the guy credit: he's very passionate and that really rattled the conservative circuit..

Last election I voted for Nader - not because I really believed in what he had to say, but I really disliked Gore and Bush that much.. I realize that a lot of people don't like Nader because of the profound impact he made to the elections of 2000.. Did the Democrats really change their position as a result of Nader's emergence?? Nope.. If anything, Bush has reached out more to alot of us more than any democrat hopeful..

That still doesn't mean I'm going to be voting for Dubya in the fall..

What it does mean is that I'm in the same position as I was back then.. I don't like either emerging candidate - but I know I'm not going to through my vote away like I did last time..

I wonder if Gary Coleman is running.........

No comments:

Post a Comment