Sunday, February 29, 2004

Maher & Miller

Lately, Darby and I have been watching HBO at weird times.. We've really enjoyed watching Real Time with Bill Maher lately.. He's a political ranter.. I watched the Dennis Miller show a lot - and really agreed with several things he said.. Plus the fact both he and Bill are passionate comedians.. Dennis changed his way of thinking after 9/11.. He's representing a more conservative agenda - which I can't blame him for after the terrorist attacks..

9/11 definitely changed life as we know it.. And everyone certainly wanted to kick someone's ass after 9/11 - and we went over to Afghanistan to do it.. Unfortunately, I feel this administration lost its focus for whatever reason.. I think this is where I like Bill Maher because he feels much of the same way Darby and I feel about many of these issues..

One of Bill Maher's quotables from the installment we watched last night had to do with Haiti.. With the country in collapse, Bill said that we weren't really interested because there was no oil down there.. And why can't we say that?? I'm pretty sure the Haitians didn't have WMD either, but we shouldn't wait just because of that..... *shrugs*

If Dennis was still on HBO, I'd still watch him.. Who knows, if I can catch him on MSNBC, I just might have to see how he's doing..

No comments:

Post a Comment